Toddler & Nursery Classrooms: Part-time
We are seeking an Assistant Teacher for our Toddler/Nursery classrooms starting in the fall of 2018. Part-time schedule is five morning per week (Nursery Class: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and Toddler Class: Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 8:15am – 12:15pm) plus two hours of planning time per week with the lead classroom teacher, and an additional 26 paid hours/responsibilities for meeting attendance throughout the school year. Our program runs from September to June (10 month program).
Child’s Play is a NAEYC accredited, BrightStars 4-star rated, Parent-Teacher Cooperative Preschool. Our teachers and assistant teachers work together in a collaborative effort to ensure a high quality program: planning curriculum, communicating with families, interacting/working with the children and the general up-keep of our facilities.
- Must be a warm, nurturing professional; Ability to relate positively to children, parents and staff.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood or a CDA (Child Development Associate) certificate.
- Possess a RIELS/RIELDS certificate or have plans to complete the certification within 6 months of hire.
- Some knowledge of NAEYC Accreditation, DAP, the BrightStars Quality Rating System; and Creative Curriculum/Teaching Strategies GOLD
- Prior work experience in a 2 and/or 3-year-old classroom, preferred.
- Pediatric CPR/FA certified prior to beginning.
- BCI and National fingerprint documentation as well as DCYF CANTS clearance prior to beginning.
- Candidate must have all vaccines required by the RI Department of Health prior to beginning.
Please send your cover letter and resume detailing your interest in our program, along with the name, title, phone number of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or by mail to: Child’s Play, 296 Angell Street, Providence, RI 02906. No phone calls, please.