Monday thru Friday for our Toddler & Nursery Classrooms
Child’s Play is seeking an Assistant Teacher for our Toddler/Nursery classrooms starting in the fall 2018. This is a five morning per week position (Nursery: 3-year-olds on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:45am to 12:15pm; Toddler: 2-year-olds on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:45am – 12:15pm) plus two hours of planning time per week with the classroom teacher. There are an additional 26 paid hours/responsibilities for meeting attendance (New Family Orientation before school begins, 3 Staff Meetings and 5 All School Meetings) and attendance at a Staff In-Service Day in May. Our school year runs from September to June (10 month program).
Child’s Play is a NAEYC accredited, BrightStars 4-star rated, Parent Cooperative Preschool. Parents and teachers work in collaboration on all aspects of our program, and parents are required to work in the classroom on a scheduled basis. In addition, each family is required to participate in a co-op job/committee in conjunction with the administration of the school.
Our teachers and assistant teachers work together in a collaborative effort to ensure a high quality program: planning curriculum, communicating with families, interacting/working with the children and the up-keep of our facilities.
- Must be a warm, nurturing professional; Ability to relate positively to children, parents and staff
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood or a CDA (Child Development Associate) certificate
- Possess a RIELS/RIELDS certificate or have plans to complete the certification within 6 months of hire
- Some knowledge of NAEYC Accreditation, DAP, the BrightStars Quality Rating System; and Creative Curriculum/Teaching Strategies GOLD
- Prior work experience in a 2 and/or 3-year-old classroom
- Pediatric CPR/FA certified
- BCI and National fingerprint documentation as well as DCYF CANTS clearance upon hire
- Health Requirements: TB test, 2 doses of MMR vaccine, 2 doses of varicella vaccine, 1 dose of DTap vaccine and an annual flu vaccine. Proof of all vaccines are required before beginning work.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website to learn more about our school, www.childsplayri.org
Please send resume; cover letter detailing your interest in our program; and names, titles, phone numbers of three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred) or mail it to: Child’s Play, 296 Angell Street, Providence, RI 02906. No phone calls, please.